Submissions should be appropriate to share on Facebook, and we ask that written submissions be 500 words or fewer. You will be contacted by a member of our team once we have reviewed your submission in order to confirm your permission to share it with the broader public, and whether you would like to be recognized for your contribution to the archive.
By submitting, you agree that, in relation to all of the content and other information you send to us (‘Your Content’), you have read, understand, and accept the following:
- That your Content may be published and/or used for the sake of this Archive.
- Your Content may be put into the public domain and it could therefore become generally known and available (including on the internet).
- Your Contact Details will not be published by us, nor will they be used or disclosed for any marketing purposes. Your Contact Details may be used by us to contact you to confirm publication methods, and whether you wish your submission to be published anonymously.
- You agree that:
- You are legally responsible for Your Content.
- Your Content is not false or libelous and does not infringe the privacy, data protection or confidentiality rights of any third party.
- Your Content does not plagiarize or otherwise infringe any third party copyright, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights or similar rights. For example, you must not submit to us any photos, drawings or any recordings of any type unless you are the copyright owner or have the relevant consent of the copyright owner.
- Your Content is truthful and not misleading. It relates to your own genuine personal experiences and/or is based upon your own knowledge.
- Your Content is not hateful (including without limitation in relation to race, religion or sexual orientation), harassing, malicious, profane, discriminatory, obscene, sexually explicit, offensive, prejudicial to any active court proceedings or encouraging of violence or criminal action, does not breach any court orders, and is not otherwise unlawful.
- Your Content does not amount to commercial speech or advertising or amount to an investigation by you and you have clearly and truthfully disclosed your interests in the subject matter (including any potential or actual conflicts of interest) and Your Content.
- Your Content does not impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status.
- Your Content is not technically harmful (including, without limitation, viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct).
- You retain any copyright you may have in Your Content. By submitting Your Content to us, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive worldwide license to use, copy, host, index, cache, tag, encode, edit, transmit, adapt, modify, publish, translate, publicly display, publicly perform, create derivative works from, make available, communicate and distribute Your Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. By submitting Your Content, you warrant that you have the right to grant this license. The license is capable of sub-license by us to other entities and brands in our group as well as third parties.
- To the extent permitted by law, you waive your moral rights (e.g. the right to be identified as author or to object to derogatory treatment) in Your Content
- We may edit, add to, remove or otherwise amend Your Content (or any part of it) in any way as we see fit in our sole discretion for journalistic purposes (for example without limitation we may edit Your Content for length and style and/or use it for or incorporate it in related stories). We may do any of these things whether or not Your Content has been published. We are not obliged to do any of these things and we may not.
If you do not accept these terms, do not submit any content.