Leave a lasting legacy to support the mental wellness of your community
Family & Children’s Service of Ithaca is one of the oldest social service agency in Tompkins County. Our origins date back to the establishment of the Ithaca Children’s Home in 1885, and the merger with the Family Society of Ithaca in 1958. Today, we continue to provide a wide range of services that include mental health care to children, adults, families, and seniors, as well as EAP services to more than 50 local businesses, and targeted outreach to vulnerable youth and other community members in need of support. Every day, the contributions of donors provides invaluable support and services for people who are in need, regardless of their financial circumstances.
Making a bequest to F&CS is an important way to contribute to the health and well-being of our community not only for today, but for many years to come.
A bequest is a gift made from your estate—a transfer of cash, securities, or other property made through your will or living trust. It can be a specific amount or percentage of your estate or a share of what is left after you have made bequests to your family. An unrestricted bequest would allow F&CS to direct the funds from your gift as needed, whereas a restricted bequest would directs funds to a specific program or usage of your choice. You can make a bequest to F&CS by including language in your will or living trust naming F&CS as a beneficiary.
Some of the advantages of creating a bequest include:
- A bequest costs nothing today, but gives you with the knowledge that F&CS will be able to continue to offer outstanding services to our community when you are gone
- You retain control and use of your assets during your lifetime
- You may modify your bequest at any time if your circumstances change
- Gifts to F&CS from your estate are exempt from federal estate taxes
- You will be recognized as a member of The Ruth R. Pettengill Society, which honors individuals who have made or will make legacy gifts to F&CS
Name Family & Children’s Service of Ithaca in your estate plans and leave a lasting legacy to benefit your entire community. By honoring F&CS with a bequest from your estate you will help F&CS to continue providing compassion and care long into the future.
For more information and to let us know how you have included Family & Children’s Service of Ithaca in your estate plans, please use this Bequest Intention Form.